Lifestyle

PNP logs 30,000 violators of health protocols during ECQ in NCR Plus

PNP logs 30,000 violators of health protocols during ECQ in NCR Plus

MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine National Police (PNP) has so far recorded 30,000 violations of health protocols during the implementation of an enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in the National Capital Region (NCR) Plus Bubble.

PNP spokesperson Ildebrandi Usana said violations range from not wearing face masks and wearing face shields, failure to observe social distancing, and engaging in drinking as well as illegal cockfighting.

“In general, what we have to ensure is that the people are compliant with the minimum health and safety protocols, social distancing included. That’s the reason out of our efforts, there are about 30,000 violators have already been caught,” Usana said in an interview with ABS-CBN News Channel.

According to Usana, ordinances from local government units (LGUs) should be in place as the basis of punishment for violators.

The Palace earlier announced that the NCR Plus Bubble—which includes Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal—would be placed under ECQ for another week from April 5 to April 11 following the surge of COVID-19 cases in the areas.

The area was initially placed under .

/MUF

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .