Cagayan de Oro bet backs out of Miss U PH competition after catching COVID-19
MANILA, Philippines — Another candidate in the upcoming Miss Universe Philippines pageant has backed out of the competition after she contracted the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) disease.
In an Instagram post on Friday, candidate Vincy Vacalares of Cagayan de Oro revealed that she tested positive for the disease last Oct. 14.
“This means that I will not be able to continue with my journey to the Miss Universe Philippines crown this year,” Vacalares said.
“My team and I did all our best to strictly follow all the health and safety protocols, but still the virus hit me,” she added. “To those I had in close contact with, please inform the City Health Officers so they can also check on your state. I pray that you are safe from the virus.”
Vacalares said that she is currently confined in a hospital in Manila, and that she is in “good hands.”
“I sincerely apologize for what happened. Please be always on the lookout for your health and safety,” she later expressed.
The Cagayan de Oro candidate is the second to back out of the competition. Previously, Sorsogon beauty queen Maria Isabela Galeria announced her withdrawal from the.
The for Miss Universe Philippines 2020 is set to be held in Baguio City on Oct. 25.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .